SGA-sponsored summer camps provide a lot of fun and adventure for the children who attend, many of whom come from poor and disadvantaged backgrounds.
However, camps are much more than just fun! They are an amazing opportunity for believers to demonstrate genuine Christian love, share the Gospel and Bible teaching with the children and young people over a week to ten days.
In Central Asia, SGA-sponsored camps are being held in all five nations. The following are some statistics:
- 50 children in Turkmenistan
- 650 children in Tajikistan
- 400 children in Uzbekistan
- 100 children in Kyrgyzstan
- 815 children in Kazakhstan
Just a few more facts for your information:
- All the children/young people attending camps come from socially poor families who cannot afford any kind of holiday or camp for their children. Without financial help, they will never have the chance to be at a camp to hear about Jesus.
- 75 % – 80 % of all children come from non-Christian backgrounds.
- At least 50 % (every other child) come from a Muslim family.
- Most of the camps will be held under faith-restricted conditions or even closed access for the Gospel.
Pray that the Lord will protect all the helpers and attendees and that there will be much spiritual blessing!